2/15/2011

Our first full day of the pilgrimage.

Today, on the first full day of the pilgrimage we prayed through the holy
sites of Galilee.


We paused to pray at the site of the Beatitudes, and at Caparnaum the town in which Jesus began his ministry.

Special to this bishop, we stopped for noonday prayer on the shore of
the Sea of Galilee at the sight of the post-resurrection appearance
during which Jesus asked Peter, "Do you love me? . . .
Feed my sheep". This was the gospel read at my ordination as bishop.

“When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?’
‘Yes, Lord,’ he said, ‘you know that I love you.’
Jesus said, ‘Feed my lambs.’”

From the Gospel of John, chapter 21, verse 15.

This has been a great day; quite emotional as we crossed the Sea of Galilee
by boat singing and praying.

+ Bishop Larry


.

No comments:

Post a Comment